Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Brief thoughts on Art Basel

This was my second year at Art Basel Miami. I felt more comfortable walking the different fairs than I did last year. Gallery owners/representatives seemed less imposing to me and I felt much more comfortable engaging with them. Arguably, some of this may be because there were fewer people buying. However, I think that some of it just has to do with the fact that the more you learn about art (and the art world in general), the more comfortable you get. I have also previously experienced this over the years at IFPDA. And, keep in mind, I did not have much if any exposure to art in college (my own fault of course).

1 comment:

  1. I agree that dealers were much friendlier this year (I got personal follow up e-mails from some of them) and that we have become less shy about asking questions. I also am better at not having my jaw drop when prices are RIDICULOUS.

    ReplyDelete