Monday, September 29, 2008

The Fall Art Season is in Full Swing

After a brief experiment last year, we've decided to get this blog back off the ground.  Fall brings the start of many art-related activities, so now seemed like a good time.  The MFA Museum Council kicked off its season with Art and Empires:  Treasures from Assyria on September 20th.   As usual, we had quite the crowd for cocktails, a lecture from the curator, a private viewing and dinner. 


That same weekend, South End Open Studios featured over 200 artists.  Before the event, I had been asked for advice about the best strategy.  Hard to say.  This year  I optimized around convenience since I was bringing my parents for the first time.  We focused on 450 Harrision, which had around 75 studios (and an elevator).  I haven't been to South End Open Studios in a couple of years and I was impressed with the overall quality  of the art (high) and prices (affordable).  With the broad range of media and styles, there was something for everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment